Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Heat Is On

My family and I had a terrific Independence Day weekend mixing campaigning with celebrating our great Nations' birth.  The temperatures where blistering hot and the Becker For Congress campaign is full steam ahead.

I was so pleased Sunday morning to read Rick Brand's article about the NY-4 race in Newsday.  If you missed it, you can read it here. 

Newsday: Becker to Challenge McCarthy

In the afternoon, I took my four grandkids to Sagamore Hill National Park to see the Nassau-Suffolk Horsemen's Association "Rough Riders" Encampment and Calvary Demonstration.  We had our picture taken with President Theodore  Roosevelt (portrayed by James Foote).  The President seemed 'bully' about my Congressional pursuits.


We also had the great honor and pleasure of meeting the Commanding Officer and some of our fine Sailors from the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt who had been invited by the 'President' to come all the way from Norfolk, VA to be part of the festivities at Sagamore Hill.  They were the highlight of the whole day.


Town Supervisor of Oyster Bay John Venditto and his wife Christine were also at the festivities at Sagamore Hill.  We met several friends from Lynbrook and Malverne and even a couple that remembered when my grandfather was Congressman.

We are out working hard to help take back the Fourth C.D. but we can not do it alone.  We need your help.  Please go to my website Beckerforcongress.com and sign up to help with our campaign or find us on Facebook Becker for Congress on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment